Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Great Jettison: Hittin' the Snooze Button!

"Is this made of real wood or particle board?"  Asked an interested buyer.  Since getting rid of all this furniture, I have seen a lot of both real wood and particle board stuff.

Front view of a wooden night stand on display before being sold on Craigslist

This cute little number?  Real as hell!


...Real as hell!  Nicks?  Dents?  Paint stains?  Got 'em!  A buyer asked if it was the "real wood" she desired. I honestly didn't know and had to check.  I opened up a drawer to inspect.  Wood grain and dovetail joints?  Got 'em!


Top view of a wooden night stand on display before being sold on Craigslist

If I had more time and better tools, I'd get into the furniture refinishing game.  The people who buy these pieces mostly have that plan in mind.  On the other hand, maybe all of them have the refinishing pipe dream I have heard of so often.

por ejemplo:

Prospective, Unsuspecting Possible Furniture Refinisher (PUPFR)- Why just look at this, dah-ling!  It's beautiful!  I could refinish this in a snap!

The World (TW)- NOPE!

PUPFR- Why, of course I can refinish this, all it takes is some stripper, fume masks, scrapers, sandpaper, steel wool, hours and hours of time...

TW- NOPE!  HIT CHA WIT SOME REALITY!


...Or maybe these people just want some functional furniture for a reasonable price...

As always, read, subscribe, comment, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.