Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Real-Time Update: Thanks, Lord Stilton!

Some of the readers of this blog may have looked down in the comments section and wondered, "Who is that Lord Stilton who is always correcting Cory's massively inaccurate facts and dropping addition links, hints, and advice?"  Who is he?  The answer, quite simply, is my brewing guardian angel godfather.

Another Godfather
Lord Stilton began offering his advice after I posted the blog post of my first home brew on the forum of The National Homebrew Club, Ireland's home brew community.  Since then, his bits of wisdom have led me to discover new hobbies, learn more about the culture of Ireland, and now, to step up my tiny homebrew operation.

He let me know that he had some homebrew equipment not in use after he had upgraded his setup.  If I could use it, I could have it.  WOW!  I couldn't believe I had received such a generous offer.  He lives outside of Dublin, but offered to bring them to me next time he was in town.  On Monday, we set up a meeting at Kiely's Pub in nearby Donnybrook.  We chatted for a while about our recent trip to Northern Ireland (photos and stories of that to come), the Irish sports of Hurling and Gaelic Football, and further travel plans.

There isn't a way to put this without seeming overly excited, but it was really great to get to meet Lord Stilton face to face and pick up this wonderful gift.

A large bucket fermenter with lid, one-piece airlock, a length of siphon tubing, a large piece of muslin material for brew-in-the-bag, a spigot, two heating elements for boiling in the bucket, a beer glass from the All-Ireland Craft Beer Fest, and a bottle of homemade Elderflower Champagne in Dublin, Ireland
The generous gift

Pictured here on the counter:  A large bucket fermenter with lid, one-piece airlock, a length of siphon tubing, a large piece of muslin material for brew-in-the-bag, a spigot, two heating elements for boiling in the bucket, a beer glass from the All-Ireland Craft Beer Fest, and a bottle of homemade Elderflower Champagne.

With this equipment booster shot, I can go from making cider in 5 Liter jugs to making full batches of tasty beer.  I'll be putting together an order of beer ingredients and getting that ready soon.

Thanks again, Lord Stilton.  Cheers! Prost! 17! Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.