Saturday, May 24, 2014

Retro Saturday: The Blue Marlin (NES) Day 1

After finishing Lolo, it's on to a game I played and enjoyed as a youngster, The Blue Marlin.

In my very humble opinion, it is the best fishing game (of the few) on NES. The level-up system and random events during fish fights give the game much more depth than Hot-B's other NES fishing effort, The Black Bass.

In this video, I spend a good amount of time describing the mechanics of the game, and I surprised myself with how much explaining was required. The game is deeper than I had previously imagined.

To make the video more watchable, I made some cuts before recording commentary to eliminate some repetitive boat trolling and one long and unsuccessful fight with a marlin.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.