Thursday, November 13, 2014

eBook Epilogue

Two eBook posts in one week, I know. I'm very close to finishing the book, and I've been laser-focused on it for the last full week. It's become difficult to pull myself away to put together blog posts. Not that I haven't been writing! I've been piling on 1000-2000 words a day to the book to get it finished, so I thought I would put up some of the last pieces of the book as a teaser.

This epilogue is not only a foreigner's guide to a Dublin pub, but I also feel it sums up the focus of the book with an emphasis on socializing, exploring, relaxing, and sitting back with a drink.

Meanwhile, I'm reworking all the previous content published earlier into full-book format. Upon re-reading, there are a lot of style and tone inconsistencies that need to be fixed and unified to make this feel like a single work.

After cleaning up the text, I then have to learn from scratch how to insert and format images and maps for e-readers. Shuffling images around on documents and PDFs is one thing, eBook formatting quite another.

When it's ready, I'll be putting out open calls for volunteer crowd editors, or book beta testers, if you will. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, read or download the Epilogue from the Free Dublin eBook page of the blog.

As always, any and all feedback is welcome in the comment section or through the Contact page of this blog. Thanks for your support!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cory, at the start of your epilogue you mention a Pint glass contains 500ML, I believe it's actually 565ML, though perhaps you were discounting the head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. By golly! Thanks for correcting that. 20 Imperial Ounces is 568! You are the first crowd editor of the book! I will be posting tomorrow requesting volunteer editors, but you've already earned a citation in my acknowledgements!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, we'd love to hear what you think! Comments are word verified to prevent SPAM.